Rights & Responsibilities
Affinity members are entitled to be treated with respect and dignity, and to receive courteous treatment. Decisions regarding care shall be made jointly by the practitioner and the member. Members are responsible for taking an active role with their practitioner in making decisions regarding their healthcare.
- Members have the right to receive information about Affinity Medical Group, its services, its practitioners and its providers.
- Members have the right to treatment without discrimination because of race, religion, sex, age, or financial status.
- Members have the right to privacy. Confidentiality of care received, treatment and outcomes will be maintained and not discussed or released to an unauthorized party.
- Members have the right to voice complaints or appeal a decision made by Affinity Medical Group directly to their health plan.
- Members have the right to be informed about their healthcare, and to receive information regarding proposed treatment and alternatives.
- Members have the right to access all available services.
- Members have the right to a candid discussion of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for their condition regardless of cost or benefits.
- To provide, to the extent possible, information that Affinity Medical Group and its practitioners need to care for them.
- To seek clarification if they do not understand their illness or the proposed treatment.
- To make informed decisions about their healthcare.
- To follow the plans and instructions for care agreed upon with their healthcare practitioners.